Scrum Adventures is a professional Agile services firm based in Long Beach, California that provides Agile coaching, training and transformation solutions. Sherman Gomberg, CEO, founded Scrum Adventures on the core principles of Community, Commitment and Training with the objective of enriching those so they can enrich others.
Sherman has over 20 years of experience that includes consulting, project management as well as serving in such Agile capacities as Trainer, Coach, Mentor, Product Owner and Scrum Master. His knowledge and application of Agile is extremely impressive and he applies that knowledge along with enthusiasm into a best practice fulfillment for every engagement. Sherman has turned his passion into the founding of Scrum Adventures, where bringing amazing people together translates to amazing teams, and successful product development.
Aligned with Sherman’s passion is Scrum Adventures commitment to work with a “People–To–People” focus by following the principles below:
- Encouraging teamwork and celebrating individualism
- Being committed to developing relationships with the people that the firm works with
- Being committed to engaging proactively, transparently and respectfully with the people in the communities that the firm serves
- Being committed to building client relationships by collaborating with individuals inside each customer’s organization
- Being committed to each other and the firm’s partners with respect, trust and personal support
Our team of “Adventurers” are certified in Agile and Scrum, such as Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM®), Certified Scrum Product Owners® (CSPO®), Certified Scrum Developer® (CSD®), Certified Scrum Professional® ScrumMaster (CSP®-SM), and Certified Scrum Professional® Product Owner (CSP®-PO). We have “real-world” experience in providing Scrum solutions for our customers. Additionally, we partner with a network of creative agencies, development shops, coaches, and trainers to bring the best possible team to work with our customers.
One of our key service offerings is providing Agile Coaching and Transformation solutions to our customers. Recently, we announced our proven method for assisting information technology & business firms to transform into fully-functioning Agile organizations. Our Coaching Assessment and Transformation® is an Agile transformation methodology that follows the Scrum Framework. To our knowledge, Scrum Adventures is the only Agile firm which has trademarked its transformation approach. For further detail, please refer to our Coaching Assessment and Transformation® solution.
In support of our transformation approach, we deliver comprehensive training solutions which provide a positive and productive learning experience for each trainee. Our training courses can be easily customized, and we will partner with your team to ensure the class fits the goals and objectives of your organization. We can train different roles using a variety of training techniques. Through our training, we will teach your team to better use Scrum while also helping you grow your company’s Agile culture. For further detail about our training services, please refer to our Training solutions.
Another component of our transformation approach is providing the necessary coaching and mentoring services which are fundamental to not only the successful completion of the transformation process but allows your team to become the transformation leaders in ongoing support of your Agile initiatives. Some of the capabilities and qualities our Agile coaches can provide include being:
- Specialists in Scrum — both in theory and practice…and have in-depth understanding of the practices and principles of Scrum, and real-world experience with actual organizational Scrum transformations
- Able to minimize learning curves, in some instances resolving organizational impediments and identifying potential stumbling blocks early on
- Able to help streamline Agile transformation by bringing an outside view of the organization to offset internal bias
- Able to provide guidance and management during the Agile transformation
- An active and respected member of the Scrum community
- Knowledgeable about Scrum and organizational cultures and exhibit strong leadership, collaboration and communication skills
- Able to provide Scrum training services as well as coaching
- Inspirational and able to inspire teams to change and try new ways of doing things
In conclusion, our Agile coaches are members of various peer groups and communities which can be utilized to assist in solutioning problems that may require an additional perspective.
Please contact us to learn more about how Scrum Adventures can help your team be Agile.